Saturday, April 23, 2011

Cord capers

Last year I bought this lovely lamp base at a yard sale.


I just loved the different colors of green and gold. 

I bought the shade at another yard sale the same day.


Which just solidified my LOVE for this lamp!  I thought the narrow shade was perfect for this little nook in my kitchen. 

The warmth this little light gives first thing in the morning, on a dark afternoon, or at night cozies up the place.  Sometimes it's on just for funzies.  ;) It's the first thing I turn on in the morning, before coffee starts brewing and kiddos start asking.

Now.  On to the issue at hand.




Yes, cord.  The spotlight is on you.  We all see you.  You aren't even trying to hide.

What to do??  I am not loving this cord.  I tried to hide it this way:

but I think it looks cluttery with the long box.  And a smaller box isn't heavy enough to push the cord back.

The cord plugs in here:



Hmm...should have wiped the counter before I took this one...
The only other plug is on the other side of the sink.  The cord will stretch over there, but then it's all in my business on the sink (tangled in the soap and faucet).

Is there a better way to hide this sucker?  Help! 

No comments:

Post a Comment