Monday, July 11, 2011

Things I Like about Me Challenge with C Mom

I came across this challenge this morning on Twitter. 

I love it! 

We don't toot our own horns nearly enough.  I am the QUEEN of beating myself up.  Just ask my husband.  I can tear up an idea all by myself in under a minute.  The great news is I'm getting better at not doing this.  And getting better at remembering that I am "Fearfully and wonderfully made" by my God.  So I accept this challenge of listing some of the things I like about myself.

  1. I love my faith.  Jesus Christ has taught me so much about life and myself.
  2. I can make others laugh.   I have the gift of goofy.
  3. I like the size of my fingers.  They are long and slender.  Who doesn't love that?
  4. I am smart.  I never really had to work in school to get good grades.  Except for that B in Advanced English...earned that one proudly.
  5. I'm a fast learner. 
  6. I love to learn something new.  It makes me feel alive.
  7. I love technology.  It always amazes and challenges me.
  8. I am creative.  I love to create new things.
  9. I am a talented musician.  God gave me that gift early on.  It was my first career.
  10. I empathize with others.  I'm a good ear.
  11. I am a good wife and mommy.  They are my world!

Wow!  That was so cleansing!  And surprisingly tough.  I kept deleting the little editorial comments I added to each one that were negative.  Very telling, don't you think?  Make your own list-you won't regret it!

5 comments:

  1. Making a list was hard for me. I also found myself starting to put negative comments next to them, but I stopped.

    I think #4 is awesome! I knew a few people like that when I was in school, and I just never understood how they did it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gift of goofy!! I love this!! Thank you so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that laughter is on this list- so very important! What a great list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your list made me smile. Awesome list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love learning more about you through the linkup! great list!

    ReplyDelete