Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I did it!

Wowee wow wow wow! I did it! I just walked/ran two miles in my neighborhood!

I haven't really made any resolutions this year. I am already working on the healthy eating/weight thing. It was a huge victory this year to go through the holidays with Weight Watchers. Almost quit. Thought it was nuts. But never felt deprived! I ate what I wanted. And was smart in between the "feasts" and didn't gain it all back! Yippee!

But I have been needing a new motivation to exercise. Let's face it, I hate it. I hate to sweat. I hate to be out of breath. I hate to sweat. Maybe it's more the sweating thing...anyway, I know I will not make my goal without it. Dang it. So I need to embrace something more interesting than the DVD I keep plugging in.

So I read about the Couch to 5 K. I did the first day this morning. I can not believe I was able to do that. I can walk all day, but to run?!

Might I add that our neighborhood is the hilliest ever created. Ever.

So I kept track of which set I was on and hit it. Totally convinced I would need to call someone to come scrape me off the pavement. But I didn't! I made it! I was tempted once to flag down the garbage men and hitch a ride, but that's not uncommon, right?

Of course, the real test is if I do it again on Thursday. But why not build on this momentum? The feeling in my legs will return by then anyway...so why not?

No matter what, today was a victory. I accomplished something I have never done. Pretty cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment