Friday, February 17, 2012

Five Minute Friday

I have started joining in on Gypsy Mama's 5 Minute Friday.  I don't consider myself a writer.  I am a reader, for sure!  And I love other peoples' gifts with words.  I consider myself a Thinker.  But I do love the idea of a time limit of dipping my toe in and typing what comes to mind.  No pressure.  No corrections.  (OK, I correct spelling--but that's it!)  All for the fun of it!

This week's topic:  Delight.

What a lovely place to dwell for five minutes.  Delight and Joy go hand in hand in my mind.  Being filled with God's Joy brings me Delight.  It spreads to my family.  It spreads to my daily activities.  And it shows without saying a word. 

I am delighted with food.  Chocolate that passed through my house this week was enjoyed, guilt free, by me too.  Rolling that smooth yumminess around in my mouth...delight!

My children Delighting in one another.  Oh, how wonderful.  To hear secret giggles coming from a bedroom.  A gift.

Delighting in silence.  Too much of my day is noisy.  With my thoughts, music, talking, questions, TV, tears...silence is not to be taken for granted.  I hope I am teaching that to my kiddos, too.  Be Still.  Know.  And be Delighted.

1 comment:

  1. I delight in the VERY things you do!!! Especially the chocolate . . . and the kids getting along! We have four . . . so happy kids and quiet are rejoiced in around here! Here is my post if you have a moment: http://www.granolamom4god.com/2012/02/five-minute-friday-delight.html

    ReplyDelete